welcome

Welcome to my blog site. Enjoy!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Little Leprechaun

Happy St. Patty's Day!!


We called him our little leprechaun all day and I swear by 
nightfall his hair looked a little redder.  

I am 1/32 Irish from my mom's side 
and Luke has no Irish blood in him but that doesn't mean 
we are any less Irish than any O'Riley down the street 
on St. Patricks Day does it?!?  haha


We spent our weekend watching Irish themed movies that I got from the library including:

Tristan and Isolde: about an Irish princess in the renaissance era
Leap Year: about the Irish tradition of a woman proposing to a man on leap year
Circle of Friends:  an old movie starring Minnie Driver and Chris O'Donnell

(Our dream is to visit Ireland but for now seeing the vast green country side on the big screen will have to do)

For supper I made drunken chicken thighs (soaked in guiness) with carrots, leeks and potatoes.   
 I put it in the crockpot so it smelled good all day. 

 And for dessert we had these shamrock shakes...

We are going to have to pretend to be Irish more often around here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment