I love holiday traditions and one tradition that I have from childhood
is waking up on Easter morning with the sunlight streaming across the floor and
a fresh, new Easter basket full of colorful treats and goodies reminding us
of God's love and sacrifice and a promise of new life.
I want Tristan to feel the excitement on Easter morning as I did.
I made this Easter basket with his name tag on it that he can set out the night before
in hopes that it will be full of surprises the next morning.
He seemed to know it was meant for him and didn't want to let go.
Right now we are in to collecting the disney classics
as they come out of the "vault".
Tristan scored Peter Pan this Easter
(even though he wont enjoy it for a couple of years)
along with a couple books, teething toys, a hand puppet, and sunglasses.
The sunglasses have proved to be quite handy on our walks this spring.
Tristan can't go on a walk without them and doesn't even try to take them off.
Don't worry... we didn't forget about the dogs. I made them this basket from a cuties crate.
(and yes there are some goodies for the "grown-ups" in the house too)
Then, we got dressed and left on our way to Great Grandma Faye and Grandpa Norm's
where we saw family we haven't seen since Thanksgiving and ate way to much food.
It was a great way to celebrate Easter.
Look at my handsome (matching) boys. So blessed!


No comments:
Post a Comment